Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Midweek Wednesday Book Reviews

Book Review #3



Title: We Dare You :Scrapbook Challenges About Real Life
By:Kristina Contes, Meghan Heath Dymock, Genevieve Simmonds,and N
isa Fiin.

What I like about this book:

This book is Exciting! The cover says it all...its one of those that just entice you to read on... I love the collection of layouts in the book... each artist creates unique and inspiring pieces for us to "soak" in... The graphics in the book reaches out to you... its easy to read... and divided into 6 main categories... simple Dares for you to try...
-The Good
-The Bad
-The Ugly
-The Silly, Wacky, Funny
-The Random
and The Best.
It's all good...so you have to get your hands on this book...
And the artists even have a website you can visit... www.efferdares.com for more Inspirations.

Where you can find this book:
Woodlands Regional Library (745.593 WE[REC])

This book gets a good 5/5 brads!!!!

And just to share...


I made this last 2weeks... and my source of Inspiration came from this page of today's Book review...






In this layout, I sand the edges of my photo lightly, used the techniques I learnt with Leena and drizzled on some Making Memories acrylic paint... I used Pink Paislee's glitters in Licorice and Cream Soda... then added Maya Road mist in brown... and topped it with dew drops...
I choose a neat picture of my scrap area... against the messy background and picked a simple, small title to create a jarring effect. I tell myself that its okay to have a messy table when I am creating...because at times the need to keep everything in order gets in the way of things...Ironically!

Hope you enjoyed that...

Till the, Scrap to your heart's desires!

3 comments:

  1. Wow this is so cool! those dew drops are awesome and the way you used the glitter wow!
    Hugs
    -BK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there :) I had to leave a comment cause just so happened I just stumbled upon today. What a coincidence! Love your layout its really cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. some 'messy' things going around here, i love using 'messy' techniques too!! oh, yes, i borrowed that book before, learned a lot from it!!

    ReplyDelete